Laqa Glacier Trek
Laka Glacier Trek
Region: Dhauladhars Ranges near Mcleodganj Himachal Pradesh
Duration: 2 Nights/3 Days
Starting Point: Mcleodganj
Ending Point: Mcleodganj
Laqa Glacier Altiude: 3200 Meters
Grade: Easy – Moderate
Approx trekking: 26 km’s. Approx. (both ways total)
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Camping, Guided Tours, Trekking
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Large Group
laka/Ilaqa Glacier is 14 km from Mcleodganj Himachal Pradesh at an altitude of 3200 meters above the sea level. Laqa Glacier is situated further up of Triund(famous trekking point). Triund is a beautiful mountain grassland with a magnificent view of Dhauladhar and Kangra valley. The trail up till Triund is a well marked but beyond Triund the trail begins to narrow down and the crowd begins to cut down as well. It is also the place where you can witness snow, most of the time in a year. The snow covered trail is assessable during any time between March to December. As the monsoon approaches, the snow starts to melts and the glacier begins retreating. Witness the glacier between April to June.
Trek to laqa Got is a retreating getaway for your busy lifestyle.
We expect you to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you don’t want to carry your backpack so you can give it to the porter, but you have to inform us in advance and have to pay Rs. 550/- extra per day per bag.
Note: In case you are Panning to put your bag on mule or taking a porter please get an extra rucksack and keep in mind that there is a possibility that the bag might brush against a rock or tree and get slightly damage so don’t get a very expensive bag. Also in case of damages, we shall not be held accountable
Cancellation before 24 days, to the start of your trek – 75%refund
Cancellation between 24days – 15 days to the start of your trek – 50% Refund
Cancellation between 15 days – 7 days to the start of your trek - 25% Refund
Cancellation less than 7 Days – No Refund
Any additional cost due to weather/unforeseen situations will have to be borne by the traveler.
Our team reserves the right to change the plan in case there is danger involved for the group or whenever the trek leader deems it necessary.
Final word of the trek leader will have to be followed by the members
No show and trek change/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamities will be nonrefundable.
- Back pack (40 – 50L) with sturdy straps and supporting Frame. Rain cover for backpack is essential
- Trekking Shoes with Good Grip / Traction.
- 1 Pair of Track Pants (do not bring denim as they are heavy and do not dry if they get wet). But carry one spare pair in case the first one gets wet. Wear one and carry one
- T-shirts - 2 full sleeve. Carry Light, Full Sleeved t-shirt that prevent sun burns on the neck and arms. Wear one and carry one
- Thermal Inners 1 Pair.(Optional)
- 1 Fleece jacket.
- 1 Trekking Pole.
- 1 Raincoats/ Rain poncho.
- 2 pairs cotton socks and 1 pair of woolen socks for night
- 1 pair of Fleece or woolen hand gloves. 1 pair of water proof hand gloves.(Optional)
- 1L water bottle x 1.
- 1 woolen cap/ Balaclava
- Sun Cap/Hat to keep the strong sun away.
- Sun glasses – Dark with side cover, it should be U/V protected. (Mandatory)
People who were spectacles- avoid contact lenses, use photo chromatic glasses.
- Head torch/Led Torch with extra batteries.(Mandatory)
- Personal Toiletries (Sunscreen, moisturizer, lip balm, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste. Paper soap/soap., Insect repellent)
- Snacks (Energy Bar, dry fruits, electoral/ors)
- Quick Dry Towel- It should be light / thin.
- Keep few poly bags or waterproof bags in your bag in which you can part your belonging in case of heavy rain and carry few extra poly bags for wet cloths.
- Personal Medications (if any).
- A GOOD CAMERA with Fully charged batteries and extra batteries
Note: Please Avoid carrying expensive watches, jewelry and electronic item on the trek
MCLEODGANJ – TRIUND (2875 M) ( 9 KM TREK, 4-5 HOURS)
Arrival at Mcleodganj, get freshen up and enjoy your breakfast at vibrant cafés and restaurant of Mcleodganj. Later Meet and greet our team at Mcleodganj main square. Short overview, Do’s and Don’ts while trekking will be provided by our team. The trail Passes through Dharamkot (beautiful village ), Galu temple and various small cafes and enchanting Forest of Oak,Deodar and Rhododendron( State Flower) . Its an easy to moderate trek. Only the last stretch is quite strenuous, but all the hard work will be compensated by the unassumingly view of the Dhauladhars at the top. On reaching Triund, get settled in your tents and enjoy the freshly cooked lunch in the open sky. Overnight camping and Dinner at Triund and Bonefire will be arranged (if weather permits).
TRIUND – LAHESH - LAkA GOT (3300 M) ( TERK 4-5 HOURS )
After an early breakfast, get ready to hike up till Laka Got. The first Milestone will be the famous Snowline café, which is 2 km from the Triund and continuing 3 km further to Lahesh Caves . From green forest and boulder pathway reach Lahesh the natural caves. On reaching Lahesh caves we will spend some time there and will come down to Laka glacier before evening. Soak yourself in the beautiful view. Overnight Dinner and camping at Laqa Got.
TREK FROM LAkA GOT – MCLEODGANJ (1800 M) (TREK 7-8 HOURS)
Today after breakfast we will be heading back to Mcleodganj. The day will mostly comprise of descending. On the way, we will halt at triund to have our lunch. After lunch, we will start the descending back to Mcleodganj. Trek ends here!!
Laqa Glacier Trek
- Services of Experienced and licensed Local Guide and Support Staff
- Accommodation (Camping) during the trek.
- Meals while on trek (Veg ) i.e. Lunch on day 1 to Lunch on day 3
- Trek equipments (Waterproof Good Quality Tents, Sleeping bags, Ground Mattress, etc)
- All necessary permits and entry fees (Forest and Local).
- All kitchen equipments, ration, cook and helpers.
- Camping toilet tents.
- Bonfire in the evening (subject to weather conditions)
- First-Aid Medical kits.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Meals and accommodation in Mcleodganj.
- Alcoholic/Aerated beverages/ bottled water
- Any cost Arising out of unforeseen circumstances(landslide/road block/bad weather condition etc)
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
- Tips and Gratitude to staff.