Region: Dhauladhars Ranges near Mcleodganj Himachal Pradesh
Duration: 1 Night/2 Days
Starting Point : Mcleodganj
Ending Point : Mcleodganj
Triund Altitude: 2875 M
Grade: Easy – Moderate
Approx trekking: 18 km’s. Approx. (both ways total)
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Camping, Guided Tours, Trekking
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Large Group
McLeod Ganj Known as Little Lhasa is the home to his holiness, the 14 Dalai lama and his Tibetan government in exile. The town offers a great opportunity to witness and experience the vibrant culture of Tibet.
Triund lies above McLeod Ganj at a height of 2875 meters, is a well-marked trail offering a rejuvenating walk amid the rhododendron, oak and deodar trees. Triund trek offers you a chance to be as close to the mountains as you could get in a short 5-6 hours trek.
Triund is a large green pasture land acting as a perfect vantage point for gazing the massive Dhauladhar Ranges and breath-taking Kangra valley.
This well marked Easy to moderate trek, can be easily accomplished by almost all the age group people. Hence, making it a perfect for the weekend vacation for friends, family, and couple.
We expect you to carry your personal luggage on your own if you don’t want to carry your backpack so you can give it to a porter, but you have to inform us in advance and have to pay Rs. 550/- extra per day per bag.
Note: In case you are Panning to put your bag on mule or taking a porter please get an extra rucksack and keep in mind that there is a possibility that the bag might brush against a rock or tree and get slightly damage so don’t get the very expensive bag. Also in a case of damages, we shall not be held accountable.
Cancellation before 24 days, to the start of your trek – 75%refund
Cancellation between 24days – 15 days to the start of your trek – 50% Refund
Cancellation between 15 days – 7 days to the start of your trek - 25% Refund
Cancellation less than 7 Days – No Refund
Any additional cost due to weather/unforeseen situations will have to be borne by the traveler.
Our team reserves the right to change the plan in case there is danger involved for the group or whenever the trek leader deems it necessary.
Final word of the trek leader will have to be followed by the members
No show and trek change/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamities will be nonrefundable.
- Back pack (25 – 30L) with sturdy straps and supporting Frame. Rain cover for backpack is essential
- Trekking Shoes with Good Grip / Traction.
- 1 Pair of Track Pants (do not bring denim as they are heavy and do not dry if they get wet). But carry one spare pair in case the first one gets wet. Wear one and carry one
- T-shirts - 2 full sleeve. Carry Light, Full Sleeved t-shirt that prevent sun burns on the neck and arms. Wear one and carry one
- Thermal Inners 1 Pair.(Optional)
- 1 Fleece jacket.
- 1 Trekking Pole.
- 1 Raincoats/ Rain poncho.
- 2 pairs cotton socks and 1 pair of woolen socks for night.
- 1 pair of Fleece or woolen hand gloves. 1 pair of water proof hand gloves.(Optional)
- 1L water bottle x 1.
- 1 woolen cap/ Balaclava.
- Sun Cap/Hat to keep the strong sun away.
- Sun glasses – Dark with side cover, it should be U/V protected. (Mandatory)
People who were spectacles- avoid contact lenses, use photo chromatic glasses.
- Head torch/Led Torch with extra batteries.(Mandatory)
- Personal Toiletries (Sunscreen, moisturizer, lip balm, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste. Paper soap/soap., Insect repellent)
- Snacks (Energy Bar, dry fruits, electoral/ors)
- Quick Dry Towel- It should be light / thin.
- Keep few poly bags or waterproof bags in your bag in which you can part your belonging in case of heavy rain and carry few extra poly bags for wet cloths.
- Personal Medications (if any).
- A GOOD CAMERA with Fully charged batteries and extra batteries
Note: Please Avoid carrying expensive watches, jewelry and electronic item on the trek
MCLEODGANJ – TRIUND (2875 M) ( 9 KM TREK, 4-5 HOURS)
On Arrival at Mcleodganj, Meet and Greet with our team at Mcleodganj in the morning. After the briefing, we start our hike from Mcleodganj to Triund via Dharamkot and galu Devi temple.This 9 kms easy to moderate trek, takes 5-6 hours to reach the top. On the way we will be crossing various small tea stall and cafeterias. Triund is a large land of Meadows (or white if snow covered). One can see the mighty Dhauladhar ranges just above the eyes. Triund act as an acclimatization point for trekkers climbing the Indrahara pass and Moonpeak in the Dhauladhar Ranges. Reach at the top by afternoon and enjoy the freshly cooked Lunch served to you. Relax and enjoy the amazing views Triund offers. Overnight Camping and Dinner at the night in Triund.
TRIUND TO MCLEODGANJ (TREK 3-4 HOURS)
Rise early and enjoy the beautiful sunrise. After breakfast we trek back to Mcleodganj. End of a memorable trip!
- Services of Experienced and Local Guide and Support Staff
- Accommodation (Camping) during the trek.
- Meals while on trek (Veg) i.e. Lunch on day 1 to Breakfast on day 3
- Trek equipment (Waterproof Good Quality Tents, Sleeping bags, Ground Mattress etc).
- All kitchen equipment, ration, cook, and helpers.
- Camping toilet tents.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Meals and accommodation in Mcleodganj.
- Alcoholic/Aerated beverages/ bottled water
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.