Ride through Rohtaang la.
Spiti Valley Motorbike Tour
Duration: 11 Nights / 12 Days
Activity: Motorbike Ride
Region: Spiti Valley
Route: Manali – Chandratal Lake – Kaza – Tabo – Kalpa –Sangla – Shoja – Manali
Maximum Altitude: 14931 feet
Price for Single Rider: 65000
Departure Dates: 13th August, 2016 – 1st September, 2016
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Camping, Guided Tours
Activity Level Tough
Group Size Small Group
Take a bike trip to India’s one of the most unexplored and offbeat destinations - Spiti Valley. Get on the bikes from Manali and ride to some of the most surreal places in India which will leave you breathless. You will agree with us when we say that for some of us mountains are like second home and you feel like you belong to them. Once you are amidst these grand structures of pure awe you feel at home. If you are in an eternal love with mountains then Spiti Valley will be a paradise for you. The ever-changing tinge of the barren mountains in Spiti is the sight to behold. The starry sky with stars shining bright like diamonds and the rare sight of Milky Way will leave you speechless. The Tibetan Buddhist Monastery in Tabo which dates back to 996 AD is located in Spiti Valley and visiting it is like taking a trip through history. Key Gompa has the picture perfect location by the Spiti River at the height of 13668 feet. The beautiful monastery amidst the mountains is a must visit place. Spiti offers a perfect blend of beauty and adventure!
The spellbinding Spiti Valley will surprise you you’ll see the dreamlike Chandratal Lake and visit KIbber from Kaza, which is said to be the highest motorable village in the world. Don’t miss Chitkul, the last accessible village in India. Short distance from Sangla stands this wonderful place, the tower-like fort of Kamru. An eye-catching image of Lord Buddha and image of Kamakhya Devi will amaze you. Cross the Jalori Pass and explore the offbeat Tirthan Valley. Take back home unforgettable memories from Spiti. This is the ultimate adrenaline pumping adventure!
You arrive in McLeod Ganj early in the morning and transfer to the hotel pre booked for you . You will be handed over your motorbikes in the afternoon. Get a hand on it and take a short guided bike tour of McLeod Ganj. Spend the night at McLeod Ganj in the hotel.
McLeod Ganj to Manali
Start your journey today from McLeod Ganj to Manali. It will take around 8 to 10 hours to reach Manali. Spend the night at Manali in the hotel.
Manali - Chandratal Lake (120 kms/ 7 hours)
After breakfast leave to visit the stunningly beautiful Chandratal Lake. On the way you will cross Gulaba, which is a perfect place to enjoy snow. After crossing the famous Rohtang Pass and Marhi, reach the enchanting emerald color Chandratal Lake. Check in to the camps and spend the night nearby lake.
Chandratal - Kaza (90 kms/ 7 hours)
The sweet water lake has a unique bond with the sky and the sunlight. The blue colour lake changes its colour to green! You will be simply awestruck by the natural diversity of the place! Early morning visit the lake and then leave for Kaza passing the famous Kunzum pass and some of the beautiful small villages of Spiti Valley. Reach Kaza by evening and check in to the hotel. Stay overnight at the hotel.
The capital of Spiti, Kaza is the largest settlement you will encounter in the whole valley. Visit the Key Monastery, which is almost 1000 years old, and get fascinated. Also visit Kibber, which is one of the highest inhabited villages in the world. Spend the rest of the day on your own exploring the barren beauty of Spiti Valley. Spend the night at Kaza.
Kaza - Pin Valley - Tabo (8 hours)
After breakfast start riding to Pin Valley, an alluring National Park with a unique species of animals and birds. The park is famous for Snow Leopards, Ibex and Chhumurti Horses, an indigenous breed. Then continue riding towards Tabo, known as “Ajanta of Himalayas”. It has the largest monastery complex in Spiti. The monastery was founded in 996 AD by the great Tibetan Buddhist translator Rinchen Zangpo. Spend the night in Tabo at a guest house.
Tabo - Nako - Kalpa (165 kms/ 8 hours)
Have your breakfast and then start riding to Kalpa crossing Nako, which is famous for Nako lake. Reach Kapla by late afternoon. Check in to the hotel and spend the rest of day exploring the enticing valley. Gaze at the sacred Kinner Kailash Peak clearly visible from Kalpa. Stay overnight at Kalpa.
Kalpa - Sangla - Chitkul - Sangla (103 kms/ 6 hours)
Leave for Sangla in the morning after breakfast. Visit the Kumru Fort on the way and the remote village of Chitkul. Ride back to Sangla and stay overnight at the camps.
Sangla - Shoja (200 kms/ 8 hours)
After breakfast start riding towards Shoja crossing the Jalori Jot Pass. Watch out for the bends along the road! Check in at the hotel and spend the night at Shoja.
Shoja - Manali (100 kms/ 4-5 hours)
Have your breakfast in the morning and then start riding from Shoja to Manali crossing Tirthan Valley and Larji Dam. Reach Manali by afternoon and handover your motorbikes back. Stay overnight at the hotel in Manali.
Manali to McLeod Ganj
After your breakfast start riding towards McLeod Ganj. Reach after 8 to 10 hours in McLeod Ganj. Overnight McLeod Ganj.
After breakfast check out from hotel and catch a train, flight or bus for your ongoing journey.
With our expert tour leader and our helping staff, you will be safe
- All accommodation (twin/ triple sharing basis) in comfortable hotels/ guest houses or camps
- Breakfast & Dinner
- Price based on 2 persons riding together
- Inner Line Permits and Wildlife fees for restricted areas for Indian Nationals
- Basic First Aid Kit & medicines
- Services of certified & experienced guides/ instructors for high altitude trekking/ biking/guides/jeep safaris in the Himalayas
- Services of a Royal Enfield trained specialist mechanic for the full duration of the trip
- One Enfield bike (without fuel) (350 cc) per rider and as per the itinerary
- 01 backup jeep for more than 06 riders
- Basic spares parts for the bike (any damage/ change of spares payable as extra directly)
- 5% taxes
- Any Air/ bus/ taxi/ jeep fare
- Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone/ fax calls, mineral water, alcoholic beverages, entrance and camera fee at monuments/ museums, medical expenses, gratuities and meals (lunch and dinner)
- Any kind of insurance, such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation etc.
- Any item, activity or facility other than clearly mentioned within the inclusions & itinerary above
- Cost of petrol & spare parts of any kind. Bike maintenance etc.
- The cost of motorbike rental (if applicable)
- Any entry fees, any tips, porter pony charges or any other expenses incurred by the porter/ participants during the sightseeing trips, other than as clearly mentioned within the sightseeing in inclusions and itinerary
- Any extra costs incurred due to extension/ change of the itinerary due to natural calamities, road blocks, and vehicle breakdown etc. factors beyond our control